“I am a Cost Accountant working for a big group in Dubai as Internal Auditor. Now I am searching for a good job in India. Please inform me about the oppurtunities in India specifically in Kerala.”
Apart from going to through the headhunters and newspapaper adverts, I would also follow this approach:
- Career Objective: Register with the job sites and fill the career objective in little bit of more detail what you are looking for in your new job. This is the most important thing the employers are looking for when you want to come back in India.
- Job Alerts: Visit various job sites and subscribe to the RSS feeds for the job alerts to the google reader. All the prominent portals have the facility to add the RSS feeds.
- Organise your front page of your portal so that it gives you the latest happening in the industry and the area where you want to work. This will help you to focus on what you are looking for. Read about iGoogle.
- Watch our for latest happening in the industry. Visit the job portal of your accounting body and enquire about latest jobs posts made. You may also get in touch with the office bearers of the local regional or chapter offices of the accounting body to find out whether there are job posts made by the employers. Talk to them and find out whether they have any leads.
- Linkedin: Update your profile on Linkedin and build up your professional network of people with whom you have worked with and known for years. As your network grows, you will find headhunters contacting you. Please mention on your profile that you are coming back to India and looking for opportunity to work.
The gist of the post is …. you act like a radio transmitter to emit signals that you are a good candidate for a specific job so that professionals in the industry will be able to track you or act like satelite dish to trap all the signals sent and decode the ones that works best for you.
Either way… you will be guided to get a new job.