The ICAI has also come out with a co-branded credit card for Chartered Accountants in association with ICICI bank.Talati added that the credit card will benefit the members and is expected to act as an affinity card for the members.
Does anyone remember that ICWAI had similar tie up with American Express Credit Card in Year 2002. I found the link.
Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page. I do not know whether this arrangement still exists.
These tieups are a common practise between the accounting bodies and the vendors so that members in large are benefitted as we are a professional community.
I remember lot of emails being exchanged among the members when their credit card applications were declined by American Express. Some of the members complained that it was unprofessional on the part of the institute to have such arrangements.
Does the old school of thought still exist among the ICWAI members or are we ready for the next step ?
With logo “CA”exclusively branded in India by India, I wonder how other Chartered institutes around the world will react since the word “Chartered Accountant” is not an exclusive domain of ICAI. All the accounting bodies have changed/branded their logo and not the word “CA”. So ICAI watch out for any legal cases against you.
Do you like to be updated in Accountancy ?
You may also like to read
- ACCA appoints new CEO 30-May-08
- Membership of Accounting Body 20-Mar-08
- Protecting the term “Accountant” – 15-Mar-08
- ICAEW, UK Advertising campaign 17-May-08
- Do President or CEO of Accounting Bodies Blog 23-May-08
- The word “Chartered” – a hot debate in India 05-Dec-06
- ICWAI applies for name change – ICAI’s ostrich approach to name change 06-July-07
- How to Share Blog posts with friends 25-May-08