Student Engage has been viewed 32,000 times since it was broadcast on 23 April this year. This is a significant increase on 2007’s viewing figures and clearly demonstrates a demand for web 2.0 as a means of really engaging with the next generation of accountancy students.
ACCA chief executive, Allen Blewitt and president, Gill Ball answered members’ questions in another successful ACCA Engage live web-broadcast which took place on 23 April 2008.
Over 200 questions were submitted for the event with Allen and Gill answering issues ranging from global recognition to maintaining professional standards.
“Access to the web and all of the rich educational content it offers should be a key component of every student’s education. By working with ACCA we’re developing the toolset of the next generation of accountants, but new media ought to be used across a broader range of academic disciplines,” said Stuart Maister, managing director of BroadView.
ACCA’s 103rd annual general meeting (AGM) took place on Thursday 15 May 2008.
Do you like to be updated in Accountancy ?
You may also like to read
- ACCA appoints new CEO 30-May-08
- Membership of Accounting Body 20-Mar-08
- Protecting the term “Accountant” – 15-Mar-08
- ICAEW, UK Advertising campaign 17-May-08
- The word “Chartered” – a hot debate in India 05-Dec-06
- ICWAI applies for name change – ICAI’s ostrich approach to name change 06-July-07