Major company audits are the most lucrative and that market is dominated by just four global auditing firms. PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young have global revenues of over $80 billion (£41bn) a year, which is exceeded by the gross domestic product of only 54 nation states. These firms dominate the structures that make accounting and auditing rules.
Following the Enron and WorldCom debacles and the demise of Arthur Andersen, the auditing market has become further concentrated in those four firms. Many major companies looking for global coverage find that the auditor choice is very restricted.
Do you like to be updated in Accountancy ?
You may also like to read
- Accountancy Profession in India 22-May-08
- Corporate Governance & Audit in India 04-June-08
- Cost Audit Awareness in India 21-Jan-07
- Membership of Accounting Body – Value Proposition 20-Mar-08
- Tax Cut – A simple lesson in Economics – 25-Dec-07
- Understanding three stages of Change
- Management Accounting Guidelines of CMA Canada
- Activity Based Costing
- Full Cost Accounting
- How to Share Blog posts with friends 25-May-08
- Management Accountant Blog Home